Top 10 Safety Tips To Keep In Mind When Meeting Your Online Date For The First Time
by Hector Morales
So you're ready to meet your online date for the first time? After a long time you feel like it's about time to find out who the person you've been meeting virtually online really is. You feel the urgency to come out and finally meet him/her for the very first time!
As many people who are beginning to experience this online dating world, you may have been chatting online with someone for a long time and you may feel that you know him or her well. However, this may not be true! Why? - You may ask. The reason is very simple... because your online "friend" may have been lying to you all the time! That's right. Unfortunately, this is something very common in many cases of the online dating world :-(
Online dating can be a very fun experience but it can also bring you deceptions. So, if you're ready to meet your online date for the first time, be careful about meeting him/her. You should especially be cautious about revealing personal information about yourself, just as you would when you meet a stranger for the first time. There will be excitement coupled with anxiety when you meet your online date for the first time, but you need to think about protecting yourself first.
Here are the top 10 recommended safety tips to keep in mind when you meet your online date for the first time:
1. First of all, let your date know that you want to meet him/her. However, forget about agreeing on being picked up from your home. You should take your own means of transportation. And although photos can be deceiving, you should have requested one from your online partner (preferably a recent one) beforehand so you have an idea who you'll be meeting with.
2. You should meet your online date in a highly trafficked public place. Also, a good idea is to take a friend along (who keeps out of sight just in case).
3. DO tell someone where you are going and whom you will be meeting. Fix a time when you will be calling them to confirm when you're back and safe.
4. Always use your own car to go for the date and make sure that you have sufficient fuel.
5. To avoid the feeling of being pressured, insist on splitting the bill with your date.
6. Be very careful if you choose to drink alcohol. Keep your glass in sight so that you are aware of what you are drinking.
7. In case you're getting a weird idea about the type of person you're dating, don't just ignore it. If for any reason you sense that something is not right, get out of there as soon as possible.
8. Never agree to meet your date in a lonely place. This is crucial!
9. Even if you're having a great time, keep on alert. Keeping a cell phone handy is helpful. It's much better to give your date your cell phone number, rather than your home phone number.
10. NEVER tell your date your address on your first date. You can make plans to meet a second time. You will have time to decide if you want to tell him/her where you live during this second meeting.
So there you have it. Ten of the most recommended safety tips to follow when meeting your online date for the first time. If you can keep them in mind, you'll be a step ahead in case something is not working as you expect. Good luck in your first real meeting with your online date ;-)
About the Author
Hector Morales is the owner of www.OnlineDatingUpdates.com.
Visit his web site to learn about other tips such as teen online dating,
online dating statistics and other online dating tips.